ATLAS.ti competition: Terms and Conditions
Participation in the ATLAS.ti competition (hereinafter referred to as the “Competition”) and its execution shall be governed exclusively by the following provisions:
Competition and organizer
The Competition is organized by ATLAS.ti Scientific Software Development GmbH, Lietzenburger Str. 75, 10719 Berlin (hereinafter referred to as “ATLAS.ti”).
- Any person aged 18 or older residing in the Federal Republic of Germany is eligible to participate. The participation of persons under the age of 18 requires parental consent. Excluded from participation are employees of ATLAS.ti or of companies associated with ATLAS.ti pursuant to §§ 15 ff. of the German Stock Corporation Act (AktG) as well as relatives of the aforementioned employees.
- Participation in the Competition is only possible during the duration of the Competition according to section 3.
- Participation is free of charge.
Duration of the Competition
The duration of the Competition is shown on the participation form available at the respective venue.
Implementation and Processing
- Only the prizes explicitly advertised in the respective participation form will be raffled (e.g.: ATLAS.ti licenses, premium online courses or workshops. You can view the license conditions here: https://atlasti.com/de/agbs/).
- Participation in the Competition is solely possible via the ATLAS.ti participation form. In order to take part in the Competition, the participant must state his/her first and last name, e-mail address and university/institute on the participation form. The participant must provide complete and correct information. By inserting the participation form into the Competition box at the ATLAS.ti stand, the participant completes his/her participation in the Competition.
- Multiple participation is not permitted. There is no entitlement to participate in the Competition.
- After the end of the raffle, the prizes will be raffled among all eligible participants. The winners will be notified by e-mail.
- The entitlement to the prize shall lapse if the transfer of the prize cannot take place within four (4) weeks of the first notification of the prize due to reasons caused by the winner. In this case, a new winner will be determined.
- The claim to the prize cannot be assigned or transferred. The prize cannot be paid out, added to or changed. Should the prize not be available for any reason whatsoever, ATLAS.ti reserves the right to award an equivalent replacement prize.
Exclusion from participation
- ATLAS.ti reserves the right to exclude participants from the Competition if they are in violation of these terms and conditions.
- Furthermore, ATLAS.ti reserves the right to exclude participants who use unauthorized aids or in other ways seek advantages through manipulation (in particular collective or multiple participations). In particular, this is the case when a participant gains an advantage through illicit means.
Premature termination or termination of the Competition
ATLAS.ti shall be entitled to prematurely terminate, suspend or modify the Competition if unforeseen circumstances occur outside ATLAS.ti’s sphere of influence which render the original performance more difficult or unreasonable for ATLAS.ti This includes, but is not limited to, unauthorized intervention by third parties and other circumstances beyond the control of ATLAS.ti as well as legal violations directly connected with the execution of the Competition, in particular manipulative intervention in the process of the Competition or the continued violation of personal or data privacy rights at the expense of other participants and/or ATLAS.ti.
Data processing during the Competition
- ATLAS.ti collects and stores the given first and last name and e-mail address as well as the specified institute/university during the of participation in the Competition. The data will only be used for the execution and handling of the Competition, in particular to determine and notify the winner. The legal basis for the processing of your data is the performance of the Competition pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
- The data will not be disclosed to third parties. In particular, the corresponding data will not be disclosed for advertising purposes. Data will only be disclosed to third parties without the participant’s consent if ATLAS.ti is legally obliged to do so.
- Participants may withdraw their consent to the use of their personal data by ATLAS.ti at any time and request that their data be deleted immediately. A corresponding withdrawal must be sent to: [email protected]
If the participant contacts ATLAS.ti via e-mail, ATLAS.ti will use the personal data provided by the participant only to process the participant’s specific request. The data provided will always be treated confidentially.
- Subject to the further provisions of this Section 10, ATLAS.ti shall only be liable if and to the extent that ATLAS.ti, its legal representatives, executives, employees or other vicarious agents are guilty of intent or gross negligence. In the event of ATLAS.ti’s debtor’s default or ATLAS.ti’s impossibility of performance for which ATLAS.ti is responsible, as well as in the event of a breach of material contractual obligations, ATLAS.ti shall, however, be liable for any culpable conduct of its own or that of its legal representatives, executives, employees or other vicarious agents. Essential contractual obligations are defined abstractly as those obligations whose fulfillment is essential for the proper execution of the Competition and on whose fulfillment the participants may regularly rely on.
- Except in the case of intent or gross negligence on the part of ATLAS.ti, its legal representatives, executives, employees or other vicarious agents, the liability of ATLAS.ti shall be limited in amount to the damages typically foreseeable at the time the contract was concluded.
- The exclusions and limitations of liability set forth in the above clauses 10.1 and 10.2 shall not apply in the event of express guarantees being assumed, in the event of claims due to lack of warranted characteristics and for damage arising from injury to life, limb or health and in the event of mandatory statutory provisions. Furthermore, the limitations of liability set forth in Section 10.2 shall not apply in the event of ATLAS.ti’s debtor’s default in payment to claims for interest on arrears, for the lump sum for arrears pursuant to § 288 (5) of the German Civil Code (BGB), or for Compensation for damages caused by default, which are based on legal costs.
- Claims under the Product Liability Act shall remain unaffected by the provisions of this Clause 10.
- Any general terms and conditions of the participant shall not apply.
- Legal recourse is excluded.
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply. The application of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) is excluded.