Certified ATLAS.ti Student Trainer Program (CAST)
Certified ATLAS.ti student trainers are qualified to provide fellow students, faculty and university researchers the basic first-step instruction in ATLAS.ti. First-step instruction includes the basics of document management, setting up a project, conducting coding procedures, and producing outputs. The following are the requirements to join the CAST program:
- To be a student in an undergraduate or graduate academic program.
- To have participated in at least one analysis project using ATLAS.ti. This could be a thesis or dissertation project.
- To demonstrate knowledge of the fundamentals of ATLAS.ti and its application to the qualitative data analysis process.
If you meet these requirements, you are welcome to apply for student trainer certification. The application process consists of an online application questionnaire. In addition to this, we will ask you to provide your contact information and CV so that we may list your information on our website under ATLAS.ti Trainers & Consultants.
The application process includes the following steps:
- Online application questionnaire. In this questionnaire, you will be asked questions related to your experience and knowledge of ATLAS.ti.
- Short article about ATLAS.ti. As a part of your application, you will be asked to upload a short article. The article should be 1000-1500 words about best practices for using ATLAS.ti, and you can choose the specific topic on which you will focus. Please include practical tips, real-world examples, and methodological advice to explain to readers how they can use ATLAS.ti, as it is possible that we might publish your article in our blog. The article must include screenshots/images from ATLAS.ti 9, and it can be written in English or Spanish. You can take a look at our blog to see what topics we have already written about and to get inspired for your own article.
Those who complete successfully complete the application process will join a group of students from universities worldwide. Program members will receive a certificate and a badge they can place on their websites, a free student (two-year) license, and additional support for the training activities. Additionally, certified student trainers will have their names listed on the ATLAS.ti website under the ATLAS.ti Trainers & Consultants section. Certified student trainers will also be listed on the ATLAS.ti website and will qualify to partner with ATLAS.ti GmbH in future training and consultation projects.
Note: The certification program is pertinent to ATLAS.ti 9 Windows, ATLAS.ti 9 Mac, and/or ATLAS.ti 9 Web. It can be completed in English or Spanish.